Oct 9, 2008

Blood - Platelets - Prednisone

To date I've received 12 bags of blood, 4 bags of platelets, and a hefty prescription for Prednisone (daily oral steroids) (we tried to get the doctor to give me Prednisone back in August when we went to Torrey, but no....... I guess now that it's her idea, it's a good thing.) Anyway, I've stopped the chemo for now and look forward to getting my blood back in balance and back to living my life again. Dad will be having his knee replaced (can't remember if it's right or left). The date for his surgery is November 10th. I need to be back to work at full steam by then, so that is the goal for now.

If anyone has the opportunity to donate blood, please do so. I feel like I've used my share of the Red Cross supply and would appreciate any help to replenish their reserve.

4 comments:

Nan said...

"Out goes the bad blood, In goes the good blood". They should have done that in the first place!!!! I hope you start feeling stronger "RIGHT A WAY". Miss having you hang around with us! Let me know if there's anything I can do!

LUV YA.... Nan

HeatherA said...

I have thought about donating blood, but I get all fainty. I get that from Dad :) I'll send Joe to donate soon :) I'm SO glad you are getting stronger and are feeling better. I love you! YA HOO!

Anonymous said...

so happy to see you on the blog again!!!!! even happier to hear you are feeling stronger!!!!!!! love you!!

Robert said...

I have been checking everyday to see if you have blogged. I am thankful that you are doing better. If there is anything we can do, you know where we are. Love you so much. sri