Oct 22, 2008

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING, OH WHAT . . .

OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING, OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY, I'VE GOT A BEAUTIFUL FEELING, EVERY THINGS GOING MY WAY. . . . . . everybody now, join me in a round of Oh, What a Beautiful Morning, a lovely song from the movie "Oklahoma".

What, you don't know the song, am I really that old? Come on Nan, I know you could sing it from beginning to end, I can always depend on my Nan to belt out a song from an old movie or Broadway play. Nan, you're my ace in the hole!

By now you must all think that I've finally lost my last grasp on sanity, but NO!, I just actually feel REALLY GOOD today and this song has been running through my head non stop since waking up this morning. Yesterdays song was "Sing a Song of Six Pence" but I couldn't remember the words to the first line and neither could dad or Heather. Dad finally looked it up on the Internet so that it wouldn't drive me crazy anymore and I could move on with my day. Dad knows how fragile my state of mind is, he does everything he can to keep me away from falling over the edge. Remember, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.


Yes, you are correct, I am rambling on and on, but hey it's better than grumbling right? I hope you all have a Beautiful Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love seeing your face!!!!!!!!!!! tomorrows song should be "i love you, a bushel and a peck!!!"

I am absolutly thrilled that you are feeling better. xoxoxoxoxoxox

Nan said...

"I've got a wonderful feeling, Everything's going my way" :-) I would sing that song every day when Steve and I went out into the garden (with our 5 rows of corn). Lisa, do you remember doing pantomimes and dancing to that song (and all the other Roger and Hammerstein musicals) in our front room when we were young! Those were the days, my friend, I thought they'd never end... Let's get together and have a "sing-a-long"!

How come Miss Tawny knows the "bushel and a peck" song. She seems way too young!

I'm soooooo glad you're feeling better! I love you..

Nan

Robert said...

I will have a beautiful day now, knowing that you are doing so good. That is music to my ears for sure. Have a fabulous day. Thanks for brightining mine. Love ya! sri

Anonymous said...

tell nan that your cute son told me that you used to sing him that song when he was little. he loves that song. then he taught it to me, and sometimes we sing it together. :) tell nan hi, too!