Oct 21, 2008

Just an update........

Just an update to let the family know that I'm back in action (again). Friday through Sunday I was visited with some lovely virus that kept me in bed. Yesterday my blood test showed that my red cell count had taken a significant dip, so off to the hospital I went for two more bags of blood. It is amazing what a difference a little fresh blood can do. I'm truly becoming more and more sympathetic to the needs of a vampire. Needing blood and not having it is a very scary thing.

Speaking of blood, has anyone else donated at the red cross? I checked with the hospital yesterday to see if a person can just go to a hospital to donate, but they said no, it must go through the red cross. They make sure it is safe before allowing it to be used on a patient. Thank you Red Cross!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLADE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!:~)
DEN AND I ARE GOING TO GO GIVE BLOOD NEXT WEEK. i WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES!!!! WE LOVE YOU!

Dave and Sue's Blog said...

Hi Lisa,
They will take our blood here in Saudi Arabia, but when we're in the states they say we aren't eligible just because we've lived in Saudi Arabia. I guess there was a mad cow problem here (only one cow though) several years ago. We have to be home in the States for three years before they will let us donate. Sorry. I have O negative, and it's very red, good blood. . . .
The song that's been running through my brain is "Thanks for the Music" by ABBA. At Stake Conference this past week-end, elder Neuenschwander talked about knowing how to play the notes on the piano verses playing music. He said that if we only play the notes it won't sound that good, won't be that much fun, and we'll get tired of it and quit. Learning to play music is much more enjoyable and beautiful. He said that being a member of the church is kind of the same way. . . if we just keep the commandments, teach our lessons, don't drink coffee etc. we will probably get tired of it, and not have that much fun. We need to learn to hear the music of the gospel. I think that's what got me thinking about that ABBA song. I really liked his analogy.
We hope you get stronger, and feel better every day.
We send our love.
Sue and Dave