May 11, 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That

Happy Monday everyone! Thank you to everyone that contributed to a wonderful Mother's Day. The only thing I would have added would have been to spend some time outside in the fresh air.

Rob, Sri and their children drove down in the afternoon and prepared a yummy dinner for dad and me. The menu consisted of cashew chicken sandwiches on croissants (a family favorite), roasted beet salad and, broccoli salad followed by every one's favorite, strawberry shortcake.
April, Brad and Myles came by later in the afternoon. Myles rode his bike over dressed in full riding gear and made the trip in just under 11 minutes. Sorry I don't have a picture of him, he looks rather macho with a slight sheen of perspiration on his face and his muscles all firm from the ride. Good grief the boy is growing up too fast!
Eli and Micah were given lessons in arm wrestling and then tutored in the fine art of Indian leg wrestle. I think both are actually a right of passage in our family, especially the Indian leg wrestling. April has held the title of Family Champion for as long as I can remember. We may have to have a serious round of the old Indian leg wrestling in Torrey this year, just to see if April can maintain her domination. Practice up everyone.

Dennis and Tawny surprised me with an exceptionaly fun treat, a Scrapbook of the two of them. The first few pages are as they say "The Early Years". They promise to send additional pages every few weeks for me to add to the book.
We all know how much I love pictures!



Heather, Joe and the girls are currently on their Alexander family cruise with Mickey Mouse. The house is way too quiet and I'm missing my daily dose of kisses and hugs from Grace and Jane.
A little over a week ago Heather hosted a "Glitter Toes" party. We had a great time indulging ourselves with the ever so unnecessary application of super sparkly polish to our otherwise boring toes. I had almost decided not to have my toes done, but I'm glad that I did. It really is fun to catch a glimpse of the silly embellishment.






2 comments:

tawny said...

i think your glitter toes are sooooooo cool!!!!! im super glade you had a :) mothers day!! we love you tons and tons!!!!!!! keep your eyes peeled for your scrapbook pages!!

Cheri said...

Love the toes!!!