Jun 3, 2009

How do people make it through life without a sister? ~Sara Corpening

Happy Wednesday Everyone

Last Thursday I spent the entire day at Nan and Steve's house. It was an especially satisfying day, three specific things made it so. First of all enjoying the company of two of the very best people on earth, second savoring the fresh air and incredible beauty of their fanciful backyard, and third working on genealogy including perusing boxes full of pictures and old documents. Nan had been going through some of the boxes earlier and had assembled a number of items for me to keep. I've scanned just two of the pictures so far and wanted to share them with you.

This picture is of my two mother's:
Jenness Mary Heywood Conner (older sister) and
Evelyn Afton Heywood Bean (younger sister)



This picture is of my Great Grandparents:
Henry Harrison Child and his wife on their
wedding day in 1879

3 comments:

Nan said...

I'm not sure who had the most fun... you or me and Steve. We were in heaven HAVING YOU THERE.... enjoying our yard... going thru photographs... and working on geneology.... DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!! When is our next "NADDER"?

Janet P. said...

What a darling picture of Grandma and Jenness. I don't think I've seen a picture of your mom when she was older, but I can sure see Evelyn in her little-girl face! That's a treasure.

Georgia Heywood Wilcox said...

Hi! My name is Georgia Heywood Wilcox and we are related!! In my genealogy search for Jenness Mary Heywood, I came across this blog spot. Jenness was the daughter of Robert Levi Heywood who was a brother to my grandfather Charles. Their father Levi Stone Heywood is buried in the Kaysville cemetery and I met with his youngest daughter (who is 94 yrs old) yesterday and she remembered Jenness and her sisters Evelyn and Marian. I came to the blog spot today only to learn that Lisa has passed away. I am so sorry for your loss and my loss in not having the opportunity to met her. I would love to meet any of your family and share stories and pictures of our ancestors. Please feel free to contact me at georgiawilcox@email.com. I look forward to hearing from you.